Look no further than East Boston for a luxury apartment in an up and coming area. Overlooking the financial district right on the water lies this affordable and close to downtown neighborhood. East Boston, or trendily referred to as “Eastie” gains its popularity from its proximity to the water and its convenient location along the Blue Line. This neighborhood offers million dollar views at a fraction of the price, not to mention an abundance of living space and greenery that is hard to find downtown. East Boston truly offers the best of both worlds, as it’s close to about everything.
The Eddy is a brand-new property right off the Blue Line stop, Maverick (T stop right after the Aquarium). The property just started renting units in September. The Eddy consists of 259 units, a mix including studio, 1 and 2 bedrooms. The building is above par when it comes to its amenities, high-tech design plan, and environmental consciousness.
- Nest Learning Thermostats™
- High-efficiency LED lighting
- Energy Star-rated appliances and low-flow fixtures
- Power is produced on site via a 75 kW natural-gas co-generation plant
The Eddy was designed entirely conscious of the environment. It was built with locally-sourced and recycled-content materials. From top to bottom this residential building made environmentally smart moves. The design plan called for LED lights, low-flow water fixtures, and high tech thermostats. The building was designed to perform 28% better than a typical building. According to the Liveable Place Index The Eddy received the following ratings:
LIVEABLE PLACE INDEX™
Walk Score®: 84
Bike Score™: 77
Transit Score®: 67
Energy: 1,815,527 kWh saved (166 homes powered)
Air: 443 MT CO2 offset (94 cars off the road)
Water: 2,330,160 Gal saved (116,508 showers)
Economic impact: $214,039,200
Jobs created: 871
[The Livable Place Index™ is Gerding Edlen’s system of metrics measuring dedication to people, the planet and prosperity.]
Facts and Notations Sourced from Eddy Living
- Waterfront property with jaw-dropping views of the Boston Harbor and city skyline
- Access to a waterfront park and boat landing & direct access to Lo Presti Park
- Conveniently accessible by the blue line
- Marked as Water Taxi Stop 63, taxi provides serviced to stops all along the waterfront. The bonus to this is if you’re a resident the taxi service will only cost you $5-that’s cheaper than an uber!
Water Taxi Schedule
Mon. – Sat. 6:30am–10pm
Rates to/from The Eddy
Adults $12 each way
Children 3–11 $2 each way
Residents $5 each way
- The building features a lounge with a chef’s kitchen, music room, and private conference rooms
- The Eddy provides their residences with an outdoor terrace overlooking the water, the terrace includes: a pool, sun deck, grilling stations, rooftop seating, and a fireplace
- Rare to most apartments, The Eddy features an on-site restaurant with indoor and outdoor dining spaces and poolside service for residents. The Reel House offers catering and apartment delivery as well.
- Building includes an up to date fitness facility with panoramic harbor views
- The Eddy is shockingly pet-friendly (with a dog wash)
- Secure bike parking and bike maintenance facilities are offered on site
- Car sharing options are available & a garage is provided for year-round parking at the low, low cost of $90 for the whole year
Studios start at $1,825
1 beds start at $2,300
2 beds start at $3,200
Interested? Contact Vibe Residential today to find your new home in East Boston-or any other neighborhood of your interest!